"She seeketh wool and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands." ((Proverbs 31:13)

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Thoughts of You....

My thoughts have turned to all of you so many times, my very dear friends, these past few days, knowing that I have not been in touch with you for about two weeks now.  I can't tell you how much I have appreciated all of your many kind and thoughtful words of encouragement and prayers, for my parents and our family. 

We have had over 100 inches of snow here this winter!  It has been bitterly cold here on and off too, and poor little Meggie is tired of having to bundle up to go outside.  When she gets back inside, her little legs are shivering.  Spring can't come soon enough!

Believe it or not, even though I had the influenza vaccine in the fall, I came down with some sort of terrible upper respiratory infection, which is finally starting to subside.  I can't remember when I have been so weak and felt so ill.  The persistent cough was the worst, and I spent a week having to sleep in my recliner, sipping on water and sucking cough lozenges all night.  

Today I feel like I have turned a corner, thank heavens!  As you can imagine, my needle and thread were not moving very well for days, but here and there I managed to take a few stitches.
              
         LHN 'Little Sheep Virtues - Love'

Before the worst of  things took hold of me, I managed to complete another page of 'Quaker Christmas', which I've decided will be an ongoing wonderful project amidst some other wonderful designs that I want to stitch.
After all, it is lovely to keep alive, the spirit of Christmas in our hearts all year long!

This afternoon, our daughter and her husband are having a little birthday party for our granddaughter, Ella, who will be turning 3 years old next week.  I am so happy to be feeling well enough now to go out, and it should be a wonderful time with all of the little ones.  Hope to show you some pictures next time!

This week, our daughter-in-law sent us this adorable picture of our little granddaughter,Kyleigh, now 10 months old, such a sweet, happy little girl.  They live a few thousand miles away from us, and we are just aching to cuddle and kiss this little one very soon!  

We might live far away from one another, but you are always in my thoughts, dear friends.  It is wonderful that our lives connect with one another through the threads that have bound us all together in friendship.

Blessings in Stitches & Friendship,

19 comments:

  1. Oh Kathy poor you, it must be all this cold weather.
    So happy you are starting to feel better.

    Your stitching is looking lovely.

    Enjoy time with your little ones, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I am so sorry you have been so sick. It has been a brutal winter for many. Ours hasn't been brutal comparatively speaking, as I live in central NC, but it is going on forever and depressing no matter! I'm so glad you're finally feeling better and can enjoy your sweet grand baby! Sweet picture! As always, your stitching looks great! Get your strength back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully written, Kathy. I do hope you just get better and better. Seeing a grandchild holds its own special healing magic I think. Enjoy the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick! It seems this year that even if you got the flu vaccine, you still had a 40% chance of catching the flu anyway. I was nervous for my family! I'm glad you are starting to feel better and can get some stitching in. Love your WIPs! And your granddaughter is adorable! So far away too. Nice that you can go to your other granddaughter's 3rd birthday party! Happy birthday to her! (100 inches of snow? Whoa! Poor little Meggie. She's so cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the stress you and your family are under concerning your parents' health is easing Kathy Ellen. I know,only too well, the sadness of dementia and the difficulties taking a loved one out of a familiar environment.
    The weather is atrocious here too for this time of year,but 100 inches of snow!! I shudder to think what would happen in the UK if we had that amount. We grind to a halt with an inch of the stuff! So glad you are feeling better, and more able to stitch. Your Quaker Christmas is gorgeous.Happy birthday to your granddaughter and that is such a sweet photo of your other granddaughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad that you're feeling better now Kathy. I've managed to dodge that bullet but friends of mine have been horribly sick. That's a lot of snow that you've gotten too. Hopefully Spring will be her soon! And it's that you've managed to get some stitches in. Your piece is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww, sweet little Meggie and the snowy cold. It will warm up soon, won't it?! We still have snow and ice here. But Mabel enjoys it.
    Your stitching is lovely. I am so glad you are well again. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are awaiting spring here too. Your stitching is coming along nicely! You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy that you are feelong better now!

    Love your sheep series n quaker christmas is gorgeous! Hope you will get warmer soon!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about the respiratory infection- no fun :(
    Love the LHN!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are feeling much better Kathy and that you continue to improve every day.

    Love your Little Sheep Virtues and your Quaker Christmas Carols progress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I am so sorry you have been so ill. DH had the flu as well with that horrible cough. It hung in there for such a long time. He had the chills with it as well, and for a man who normally wears shorts year round to be found wearing sweats, it was quite a sight. I can remember shoveling out paths for our little Dachshunds in the snow so they could go outside in the winter, and then a little potty area so they wouldn't get lost in the snow. The winters are so harsh. I am glad we have moved south to Texas. So much milder the winters. We still got snow on Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear, I pray things get better for you soon - Lovely stitching and big hugs, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's good to read you are improving, I hope you are soon back to full health, there has been a lot of this nasty virus about.
    Lovely stitching, have fun with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor little Meggie and her cold paws! I love her little sweater though. It's darling! I hope the snow goes for good now and doesn't come back. So sorry to hear you had a respiratory infection. Coughing all night doesn't allow for a good sleep. Glad to heart that you are feeling more yourself. Lovely stitching progress and have a wonderful time at the birthday party!

    Hugs and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've been missed, Kathy! I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well lately. You've gotten some beautiful stitching done lately - I'm in love with Quaker Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry to hear you've been ill, Kathy! It seems like so many got so very sick this year. My sister said she doesn't ever remember being as ill as she was when she came down with the flu this winter! I'm glad to read you're on the mend--do hope nicer weather will be here soon. We got another 4 inches of snow last night, so I'm a bit apprehensive that spring will ever arrive!

    Your Quaker Christmas is looking gorgeous, but not as gorgeous as sweet Kyleigh :) I hope you get to visit very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you're feeling better, there have been some nasty bugs around.

    Your wips are looking lovely, especially Quaker Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you are feeling all better now and that it has warmed up enough for poor Meggie to unbundle!
    What a sweet little one ~ I can only imagine how much you want to cuddle!
    Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Consider the Lilies of the Field

Consider the Lilies of the Field
"So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the Lilies of the Field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, that even Solomon in all his glory, was not arrayed like one of these." Matt: 6: 28-29)